Sunday, March 25, 2018

Finally decorated my master bedroom! And a few other areas of my house...

Our master bedroom has vaulted ceilings so I really didn't know how to decorate above the bed so pictures or mirrors or whatever didn't get dwarfed by this big wall. After a couple months living here I saw a few ideas on pinterest and from Joanna Gaines to put a wall to wall shelf. But I didn't want it to be a knick knack shelf. I had seen on pinterest to decorate with plants. It looked so classic and relaxing! Our room has a balcony with a big glass door so it gets pretty good natural light so I finally decided to go for it! I don't have a before, but you can imagine. 

And the after!
Victor and I built this shelf. When all is said and done it was pretty easy. But in the moment trying to find wood, measure and hang up correctly etc., it feels like a pain. My friend Mickelle helped up hang it, because it is sooo long--almost 13 feet! I bought the plants after it was hung, and noticed an immediate difference in the room. I love love love it. 

My favorite part of the room is the view: our backyard is big and has a hill of trees on a back hill, so I can pull the curtains back and not worry about people looking right down into my room. That's the number one reason why we wanted this house.

Over the last few months, I have slowly but surely been decorating and it is pretty much done. A few of my favorite spaces:

The little kitchen nook with my plate wall.
 The front living room:
 The family room:

And the boys room. Love their colorful happy room. And I love that they love spending time playing in here. In our cottage, their room was in the back and secluded so they never naturally went in there.
You can see my dining room in the post I did here.

Anyway, there you go. Making a house a home is one of my favorite hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS