Monday, September 11, 2017

Our Anniversary Do-over in Park City

This year has been an interesting one. Victor and I have both traveled a lot, but none of it has been together. I went to Africa and Canada, and he was gone for a month in Romania in between that. So looking back on this little getaway brings back good memories, even if it was only one night ha! We called it our anniversary re-do, since our actual anniversary was smack dab in the middle of moving and Victor finishing his masters degree. We really like to commemorate our anniversaries with a special little getaway: so I'm glad we kept up with it this year, even if it was a couple weeks late!

We headed up to the beautiful Utah mountains to the gorgeous Waldorf Astoria in Park City thank you Hilton points! And thanks to my sister Jennifer for watching the boys!

We hung out at the pool in the afternoon, while Victor kept saying how much fun the boys would have there. Oh Victor. He's such a softie for them. I had totally forgotten about them! I kid, I kid. But little breaks are essential from time to time. Then we headed to Main Street for dinner and then hot tub and s'mores after. 
^^finally saw a Banksy!^^
^^the only picture I took of the hotel--the gorgeous flowers ha^^

 We opted to sleep in rather than pursue getting a big breakfast before heading back to our boys. It was a good choice. And then Victor left the next day for Romania. Grateful for a quick little trip to celebrate our marriage!

And an update: right after we got back to California after Victor got back from Romania, my wonderful grandma passed away. My mother in law had already planned to come help Victor with the boys for my Canada trip, so Victor came with me to Utah for a couple days for the viewing and funeral. So that was our other "couples getaway." And I have to say, it was great. We got to fully focus and enjoy the funeral which was such a celebration for her wonderful life, as well as go out to eat and do whatever we wanted ha. Who'd have thought our other couple's getaway would be a funeral?? #lifewithkids

1 comment:

  1. You need to teach me photography. Your pictures are gorge.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS